Staff Research Associate
Posted 21 Dec 2020
San Francisco, California
The Elahi lab is seeking to hire a highly motivated, organized, and enthusiastic staff research associate to work on biomarker development projects in neurodegenerative disorders. The focus of the lab is on understanding contributions from endotheliopathies and vascular dysfunction to brain aging and neurodegeneration. The projects will involve exosomal isolations, western blots, ELISA assays, flow cytometry, and other techniques relevant to molecular biomarker work. The position will also involve collaboration with academic and commercial collaborators for high quality biomarker development.
- BS/BA in biological science or a related science and 1+ years or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous experience working with molecular biology techniques.
- Working knowledge of safety standards in laboratories including OSHA regulations and use of hazardous substances with knowledge of safety regulations and training.
- Computer literacy (Macintosh and/or PC-compatible) with excellent skills with MS Office suite. Ability to use statistical packages and Illustrator would be a plus but not a necessity for this position.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, tasks and priorities to achieve desired goals.
- Ability to perform experiments under minimal supervision, after an initial training (as needed for novel techniques).
Preferred but not required: prior experience working with extracellular vesicles.