Scientist I position in biomarker and drug discovery for neurological illnesses (equivalent to postdoctoral position)
Posted 13 Sep 2018
The Roskamp Institute
Sarasota , Florida
The Roskamp Institute provides a strong comprehensive compensation package.
Main Activities / Responsibilities:
Ideal candidate will participate in ongoing studies of molecular and cellular neurobiology in developmental or aged related brain disorders. Candidates must have a strong background in: (1) cell biology, including primary cell cultures of neurons, glia, endothelial cells and stem cells, and immunohistochemistry; (2) molecular biology, including transgenic technology, molecular cloning, vector design and construction, enzyme assays and purification; and (3) experience in performing animal studies.
- Planning and conducting experiments.
- Recording and analyzing data.
- Presenting results to senior/other research staff Preparing and writing research protocols, papers, reports, reviews and summaries Demonstrating procedures Supervising junior staff including technicians.
- Ensuring that quality standards are met.
- Keeping up to date with relevant scientific and technical developments.
- Contributing to the submission of research proposals and contracts to funding agencies.
- Training, mentoring, and supervising experimental laboratory staff with techniques and experimental procedures and leading the development of new procedures and protocols.
Candidates must have a strong background in: (1) cell biology, including primary cell cultures of neurons, glia, endothelial cells, and stem cells, and immunohistochemistry; (2) molecular biology, including transgenic technology, molecular cloning, vector design and construction, enzyme assays and purification; and (3) experience performing animal studies.
Ph.D. degree in biological sciences is preferred.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Good self-organizational and presentation skills.
Excellent interpersonal skills.
Ability to interact with individuals with varying levels of experience and backgrounds while working closely with colleagues, students, and research assistants.
Ability to demonstrate technical communication skills.
Background in molecular biology and inflammation.
Demonstrated record of publication in peer-reviewed journals.
Demonstrated expertise in animal experimentation.
Willingness to learn new biological and omic techniques.
Excellent organizational, time management, and multitasking skills.
Capable of working in a team environment with an interdisciplinary focus and with an emphasis on transnational medicine.