Scientist I, Neuroscience
Posted 16 Jan 2020
Exicure, Inc. is seeking an experienced and independently motivated scientist to join its expanding preclinical neurology department. This dynamic position is suited for an individual who: i) possesses a strong background in preclinical in vitro and in vivo neurobiology, and ii) thrives in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment. The successful candidate will be responsible for executing and analyzing experiments as a member of a cross-disciplinary team focused on developing and advancing central nervous system (CNS) programs. Prior experience with nucleic acid therapeutics is preferred but not required.
- Lead scientist on multiple preclinical CNS programs.
- Design, execute, and interpret experiments centered around nucleic acid technologies.
- Develop, validate and implement program-specific assays.
- Build out induced pluripotent stem cell (iPSC)-derived neuronal cell culture platform.
- Present data internally and at scientific conferences.
- Function in a team environment by effectively collaborating within and across departments.
- Ph.D. in neuroscience (preferred), cellular biology, genetics, biochemistry, molecular biology or related field with up to two years of relevant experience.
- Substantial experience with CNS dysfunction and/or neurodegeneration.
- Substantial experience with iPSC and induced neuron biology generation, maintenance, and differentiation.
- Strong expertise in mRNA and DNA isolation (cells/tissue) and quantification techniques.
- Familiarity with various imaging techniques, including IHC and ICC.
- Knowledge of antisense, siRNA or related therapeutic approaches is strongly preferred.
- Experience with basic biochemical techniques, including western blot and ELISA.
- Strong interpersonal skills as well as excellent communication and presentation abilities.