Posted 21 Oct 2020
Rosalind Franklin University / The Chicago Medical School
Please provide CV and cover letter directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position Purpose: Research technician position to support ongoing studies in Alzheimer’s disease, TBI, and neurodegenerative disease using stem cell biology, iPSCS, cell culture models, and rodent cell-based assays. Drug discovery and screening assays of novel therapeutics are also major areas of focus.
Essential functions and duties:
- Cell culture development and maintenance, including iPSCs and human induced neurons.
- Proficiency with viral vectors, subcloning, and transfection techniques.
- PCR, and gel electrophoresis.
- Familiarity with rodent models and minor surgical techniques.
- Collect, compile, and analyze data.
- Mouse husbandry (breeding, weaning, maintenance of colonies, genotyping).
- Ordering laboratory supplies and equipment.
- Other duties of laboratory manager.
- Detailed record-keeping and organizational skills are essential.
- Mentoring/training of personnel as needed.
The PI's lab is within the newly constructed Innovation and Research Park, in the Center for Neurodegenerative Disease and Therapeutics at Rosalind Franklin University/The Chicago Medical School.
RFUMS is an equal opportunity employer.
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) and minimum of two years of wet lab experience.
- Demonstrated mastery of stem cell biology, iPSCs, cell culture techniques, and molecular biology approaches.
- Effective and clear English reading, writing, and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated project management skills, including ability to manage competing priorities and excellent time-management skills.