Posted 19 Apr 2019
University of Wisconsin-Madison
Madison , Wisconsin
The Austerweil Lab at University of Wisconsin-Madison is looking to hire a full-time research specialist. The position will begin July 1, 2019 and last for one year.
Application link: https://jobs.hr.wisc.edu/en-us/job/501003/research-specialist.
Project: Alzheimer’s disease is a debilitating neurodegenerative disease that imposes a huge burden on individuals, families, and the U.S. healthcare system. Yet early diagnosis of the disease remains a difficult challenge. We have designed naturalistic cognitive behavioral tests related to memory and language to predict Alzheimer's disease and mild cognitive impairment during early phases of the disease. We will validate these tests by comparing performance on these tests to performance on existing neuropsychological tests and biomarker data. We will track individuals longitudinally to measure variability and rate of decline.
Duties may include:
- Recruit, schedule, and run participants (online and in-person).
- Perform literature reviews.
- Data cleaning and preliminary data analyses.
- Writing internal progress reports and abstracts/manuscripts for submission to conferences.
- B.A. or B.S. in psychology, cognitive science, neuroscience, or other related field.
- Experience with subject recruitment (some undergrad experience is sufficient). Previous work with elderly or clinical population is preferred, but not necessary.
- Must have basic data science skills—minimum Excel, but basic programming skills are preferred (R/Python especially).
- Good communication and organizational skills.