Research Opportunities - Bateman Lab
Posted 19 Mar 2021
Washington University in St. Louis
St. Louis, Missouri
Research Opportunities - Neurology - 51155; Medical School
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
This position is in the Department of Neurology on the Washington University in St. Louis Medical School Campus.
There is a research opportunity in the laboratory of Randall Bateman investigating the causes, future diagnosis, and treatments of Alzheimer’s disease utilizing a wide variety of assays and techniques from basic applications, such as quantitative measurement of stable-isotope-labeled peptides to clinical translational studies in diagnostic and therapeutic biomarkers for Alzheimer’s disease. Work in the lab includes running experiments and assays, preparing reagents and samples at the bench, using automated equipment, and preparing samples for mass spectrometry analysis. For more information about the Bateman Lab, please visit: https://neuro.wustl.edu/labs/bateman_r/.
- Bachelor’s degree. Candidates with additional education and experience are encouraged to apply.
- Degree in biological science or chemistry is strongly preferred.
- Experience with analytical chemistry OR GLP is strongly preferred.
- Experience with immunoprecipitation, automated bench work and proven bench lab skills.
- Experience with developing laboratory Standard Operating Procedures and working in a GxP-regulated environment.
- Ability to maintain complete and organized records/reports.
- Working knowledge of computer software and general lab equipment.