Research Associate II/III, Neuroscience
Posted 16 Jan 2020
Exicure, Inc. is seeking an experienced associate to join its expanding preclinical neurology department. This highly visible position is suited for a self-motivated individual who: i) possesses a strong background in preclinical in vitro biology, and ii) thrives in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment. The successful candidate will be responsible for executing and analyzing experiments as a member of an interdisciplinary team focused on developing and advancing central nervous system (CNS) programs. Prior experience with nucleic acid therapeutics and/or neuroscience is strongly preferred.
- Develop assays for novel targets, including protein and gene assays.
- Plan, coordinate and execute in vitro and ex vivo experiments.
- Manage a small team of technical associates.
- Gain experience and build proficiency with new techniques and assays.
- Adhere to and/or improve current laboratory and experimental standard operating procedures.
- Analyze, interpret and communicate data internally and to external collaborators.
- Function in a team environment by effectively collaborating within and across departments.
- Bachelor’s degree with three-plus years of relevant laboratory work or master’s degree in neuroscience, cellular biology, genetics, biochemistry, molecular biology or related field.
- Experience coordinating the daily work-flow of a small team is preferred.
- Strong expertise in mRNA and DNA isolation (cells/tissue) and quantification techniques.
- Knowledge of antisense, siRNA or related therapeutic approaches is a plus.
- Experience with basic biochemical techniques, including western blot and ELISA.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.