Research Associate II
Posted 07 Mar 2018
Cognition Therapeutics, Inc.
Laura Lash, Human Resources, email@example.com
Reporting to the director of discovery and preclinical research, the research associate II will be a key contributor to a scientific research team discovering drugs to treat Alzheimer’s disease. Responsibilities include project management, maintaining the company’s tissue culture facility, culturing and maintenance of primary neurons, and execution of compound screens according to prescribed protocols. Statistical analysis of complex screening data, presentation of data to company scientists and maintenance of quality control documentation is required. The research associate will also assist in development of new assays and experiments, and participate in general laboratory management, including equipment/supply ordering.
- B.A./B.S./M.S. in biology or neurobiology.
- A minimum of five years industry experience in drug discovery.
- Technical expertise in compound screening, automated liquid handling systems, and standard detection technology (plate readers, imagers).
- Experience with assay methodology such as enzymatic reactions, immunocytochemistry.
- Experience in laboratory management.
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving and verbal/written communication skills.
- Literacy in all MS Office products and facility in learning other specialized applications.
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively in a fast-paced multidisciplinary team environmentExcellent teamwork, communication, and analytical skills.