Research Assistant in Computational Genomics | UK Dementia Research Institute
Posted 27 Jul 2023
Imperial College London
London, England, United Kingdom
Dr Nathan Skene, firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications are invited for a fully funded Research Assistant in Computational Genomics in the UK Dementia Research Institute at Imperial, within the Neurogenomics Lab of Nathan Skene, Department of Brain Sciences.
The UK Dementia Research Institute (UK DRI) is a globally leading multidisciplinary research institute of 700 staff investigating the spectrum of neurodegenerative disorders causing dementia, with laboratory-based research groups located at Imperial College London, University College London, the University of Cambridge, Cardiff University, Edinburgh University, and King’s College London.
Dr. Skene's research group in the UK DRI at Imperial College London seeks to identify regulatory mechanisms which cause neurodegenerative disorders, along with the cell types in which they act, and determine whether inhibition or activation of the pathway is associated with increased disease risk.
See the full job description here: https://www.imperial.ac.uk/jobs/description/MED03998/research-assistant-....
- A first degree or equivalent in a relevant subject, such as computational biology, mathematics, computing or information science.
- Strong programming skills in R, python or other coding languages (e.g., C++, Matlab).
- Ability to work with version control systems, i.e. Git and GitHub.
- Ability to summarise complex data quickly.
- An interest in the mission and research of the UK DRI.