Posted 14 Sep 2018
The Roskamp Institute
The candidate will assist with performing molecular biology tasks consisting of cell culture and protein tasks (such as protein quantification and antibody-based work, i.e. western blot analysis and ELISA), DNA extraction, and PCR. The candidate will also be expected to assist with other routine laboratory tasks, such as sample preparation for proteomics, metabolomics and lipidomics. Other work may consist of preparing slides for immunohistochemistry and performing tissue staining.
- B.S. or B.A. degree in biological sciences is preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good self-organizational and presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with performing basic laboratory procedures, such as western blot analysis, protein quantification, PCR, and cell culture work.
- Good computer skills and familiarity with using PC and Mac computers.