Posted 31 Jan 2021
South San Francisco, California
To apply, visit this page.
Denali Therapeutics is dedicated to developing breakthrough therapies for neurodegenerative diseases through itscommitment to degeneration biology and to the principles of translational medicine.
The Glial Biology Pathway Team and Kathryn Monroe’s Lab at Denali are seeking to recruit postdoctoral scientists to interrogate the molecular and cellular pathways underlying neurodegenerative diseases. Postdoctoral scientists will perform translational research to investigate microglia biology and mechanisms of neurodegeneration, with the ultimate goal of identifying new drug targets and elucidating genetically linked microglial pathways that contribute to neurodegenerative disease, with an emphasis in Alzheimer’s disease.
- Perform research in a dynamic and collaborative environment.
- Collaborate with colleagues across diverse functional areas to achieve research goals.
- Make detailed observations, analyze data, interpret results, and communicate clearly.
- Design and implement assays for the discovery and validation of novel therapeutic targets.
- Attend conferences, write and publish manuscripts in peer-reviewed journals.
- Ph.D. in biochemistry, cell biology, immunology, neuroimmunology or neurobiology or related fields.
- Proficiency in a broad range of molecular genetics, biochemical, and cell biology techniques including molecular cloning, transfection, RNA interference, western blotting, immunofluorescence and/or live imaging techniques, and quantitative image analysis.
- Strong background in molecular neuroscience, cell biology, developmental or microglial biology, neuroimmunology, peripheral immune system fundamentals, and/or neurodegeneration research.
- Expertise in the in vitro culture and genetic manipulation of mammalian cell lines is highly desired.
- Expertise in CNS cell isolation, flow cytometry and downstream workflows.
- Expertise in in vivo and ex vivo analysis methodologies and techniques such as brain slices, immunohistochemistry, imaging and brain slice cultures is desired.
- Highly organized with excellent analytical, attention to detail, and critical thinking skills.
- Strong oral/written communication skills.
- Creative and inquisitive thinker who is eager to explore and learn new skills.
- Priority will be given to candidates with no or short (< three years) prior postdoctoral experience.