Postdoctoral Scholar (Colorado Aging Brain Lab)
Posted 04 Mar 2020
University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus
Please submit a CV and letter of interest: https://cu.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=18336&lang=en
The Department of Neurology has an immediate need to fill a two-year postdoctoral fellow position with the Colorado Aging Brain laboratory who is interested in neuroimaging analysis of cognition, inflammation, and healthy aging. The goal of the group is to elucidate how immune dysregulation relates to cognitive and neuroimaging outcomes in late life, with a special emphasis on both risk and protective factors for Alzheimer’s disease.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Ph.D. degree in neuroscience, psychology, engineering or other closely related field.
- Research experience in structural brain imaging.
- Strong proficiency in various neuroimaging analysis platforms (e.g., FreeSurfer, SPM, FSL, DTI studio).
- Prior background in systems/cognitive neuroscience, neuroanatomy, and psychological/clinical constructs.
- Established quantitative and statistical skills, including experience in programming in Python and/or Matlab and comfort with diverse computing environments.
- A demonstrated capacity to drive first-author publications.
- Experience with neurite orientation and dispersion density imaging analyses.
- Experience with tractography methods.
- Desire to pursue extramural funding.