Postdoctoral Researcher within Translational Neuroscience and Ageing Program
Posted 02 Nov 2018
St. Anne's University Hospital
Brono, Czech Republic
Send a CV in English including the list of publications, cover letter describing motivation and previous research experience, and two recommendation contacts to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline is 10th December 2018. Please state the title of the position in the subject of the email application.
The hospital is seeking a motivated postdoctoral fellow who will join the team of Dr. Stokin focused on translational neuroscience and ageing (TAP) and will work on furthering the understanding of the biology and pathology of the axons. The TAP team is part of Centre of Translational Medicine (CTM).
Work Assignment: one full-time assignment.
The International Clinical Research Center of St. Anne's University Hospital in Brno (FNUSA-ICRC), Czech Republic is a new-generation research center focusing on the pathogenesis of diseases including finding new methods, technologies and medicaments for effective prevention, early diagnostics and individualized treatment. For more reference, http://www.fnusa-icrc.org/en/.
- Working in international multidisciplinary team.
- Opportunities for further education and training,
- Five weeks of holidays, fixed-term contract.
- Possibility of a one-year Internship in the U.S. or Australia after six months of working in ICRC.
All received applications will be reviewed carefully, with focus on the excellence of candidates. Shortlisted will be contacted and invited for an interview.
St. Anne's considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, race, colour, religion, ethnicity, disability, national origin, nationality, political opinion or any other aspect unrelated to work.
By responding to this invitation and/or sending a CV and any other personal materials to St. Anne's University Hospital, amounts to consent to the collection, processing and storage of your personal data in accordance with Act No. 101/2000 Coll., the protection of personal data. You are providing St. Anne's University Hospital with these data solely for the purpose of mediating employment, the period however being no longer than one year from submitting. Should you not reclaim the materials submitted by you, they will be discarded after the period has expired.
Candidates are expected to:
- Carry out independent research under tutorship of the PI.
- Participate in regular internal presentations of performed research.
- Coordinate research with other researchers within TAP.
- Prepare research presentations and publications.
- Engage in research grants in the field of performed research.
- Represent TAP within and beyond CTM and FNUSA-ICRC.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience:
- Ph.D. degree in neurosciences, biochemistry or cell biology or similar.
- Hand-on experience in biochemistry, cell biology, in particular, relevant to neurosciences.
- Knowledge of the research field of neurodegenerative disorders.
- Minimum of three publications in impact factor journals.
- Excellent command of English.
- General knowledge of research industry and experience with grant writing is a plus
- Solid communication, organizational and negotiation skills.
- Problem solving and analytical skills combined with proactive attitude to finding and interpreting result.
- Team-oriented attitude with an ability to cooperate on defined goals.