Posted 28 Aug 2019
Nanyang Technological University
Interested candidates should submit the following materials via email as a single PDF document: (i) a complete CV including a publication list, experimental skills, and contact information for two referees, and (ii) a statement of current and previous research (one to two pages). Contact prior to application is welcome. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be reviewed from September 15, 2019, until the position is filled.
Nanyang Technological University is currently recruiting a postdoctoral research fellow to join the Neurobiology of Aging & Disease Laboratory. Present work in the laboratory is investigating the role of the mitochondrial translocator protein in inflammatory processes in aging and Alzheimer's disease employing in vivo imaging to examine multicellular interactions between astrocytes, microglia, neurons, and vasculature around AD pathology in AD mouse models.
The successful candidate will have expertise in in vivo 2-photon imaging and/or viral-based manipulation techniques and extensive experience with rodent models. Experience with quantitative behavior analyses and experience with culture models are advantages. Position available immediately with funding available for four years.
The fellow will:
- Plan, develop and run experiments in line with project requirements.
- Accurately document experimental procedures.
- Work with and guide students (undergraduate and graduate level).
- Contribute to writing papers, grant proposals, and reports.
- Report research at national and international meetings.
Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine (LKCMedicine) is a partnership between Imperial College London and Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. The school operates from two campuses, Yunnan Campus at Nanyang Technological University and a new campus to be built at Novena. Its primary healthcare partner is the National Healthcare Group (NHG) which comprises an integrated network of primary healthcare polyclinics, acute care hospitals such as Tan Tock Seng Hospital, and national specialist centres. LKCMedicine delivers a new five-year undergraduate medical programme leading to a joint MBBS degree awarded by Imperial College London and Nanyang Technological University. For further information visit its website at http://www.lkcmedicine.ntu.edu.sg.
- Ph.D. in neuroscience or related field.
- Knowledge and broad experience working with transgenic rodent models.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Accurate and precise recordkeeping abilities.
- Fluency in both spoken and written English.
- Ability to work both cooperatively and independently, and with minimum supervision.
- Strong work ethic and highly motivated.
- Proven track record with publications in international peer-reviewed journals.
- Expertise in in vivo 2-photon imaging and/or viral-based manipulation techniques.
- Experience with quantitative behaviour analyses and cell culture.