Postdoctoral Research Scientist
Posted 15 Jul 2019
UK Dementia Research Institute at UCL and the University of Dundee
Dundee, Scotland, U.K.
Bart De Strooper and Andy Howden
Applications are invited for a postdoctoral researcher to work on a collaborative project between Bart De Strooper's lab at the UK Dementia Research Institute at UCL, and the University of Dundee. This position is based full-time at the University of Dundee in the lab of Andy Howden, Division of Cell Signalling and Immunology in the School of Life Sciences. The successful candidate will use quantitative high-resolution mass spectrometry to map microglial proteomes during aging and Alzheimer's disease, generating novel data on the role of microglia in disease development. Close links with the UK DRI will be maintained throughout the project to plan experiments, develop ideas and share data.
Ref: SLSC0616, Closing date: 4 August. https://www.lifesci.dundee.ac.uk/vacancies/2019/jul/4/postdoctoral-research-scientist
- Ph.D. with excellent academic track record.
- Experience processing samples for mass spectrometry—cell lysis, protein digestion, peptide fractionation by HPLC.
- Experience in the analysis of large, complex proteomics data sets using established analysis platforms including MaxQuant and Perseus.
- Enthusiasm to work in a team with close collaboration between institutes.
- Experience working with immune cells would be advantageous.