Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Posted 24 Dec 2020
Please submit a cover letter and curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org
Vincere Biosciences is seeking a highly motivated postdoctoral research fellow to join the team as a biology scientist. The company develops disease-modifying therapies for Parkinson's disease and other age-related diseases with a focus on first-in-class compounds that affect mitochondrial quality control mechanisms such as mitophagy (amongst other related pathways).
This is a unique opportunity for individuals looking for exposure to various aspects of early drug discovery workflow and translational research critical to biopharma industry roles.
- Grow and maintain cell, neuronal, and iPSC cultures.
- Design in vitro and cell experiments with readouts that probe mitochondrial dynamics and function such as mitophagy, respiration, and protein changes.
- Will utilize many techniques including western blotting, seahorse, immunofluorescence and immunohistochemistry, high content imaging, and FRET-based assays.
- Collaborate and communicate with internal colleagues, external partners, and Contract Research Organizations to move research projects forward.
- Generate, publish, and present novel research results.
The job is full-time and pays $60,000-$70,000 a year.
Vincere Biosciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer and takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment. It does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Top candidates will be asked to submit names and contact information of three professional referees who can be contacted.
- Ph.D. in neuroscience, cell/molecular biology, biochemistry, or a related field.
- Prior experience and expertise in cell culture is required.
- A track record of research or specialization in mitochondria strongly preferred.
- Background in neurodegenerative or neurological diseases is a plus.
- Great organization skills and ability to conduct laboratory work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in parallel and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Show creativity and innovative problem-solving skills when facing rigorous scientific challenges.
- A team player with a strong sense of independence and responsibility.
**Must have Work Authorization in the U.S.**