Postdoctoral Research Associate - Neuroscience (m/f/d)
Posted 02 Dec 2019
Please submit your application (CV and contact information for two references) to: email@example.com
The Neurobiobank Munich is seeking a physician-scientist or neuroscience fellow. The focus will be on the neuropathological assessment and molecular characterization of human brain tissue to support and join ongoing studies of the excellence cluster SyNergy, such as the role of microglia-specific genetic risk factors in Alzheimer’s disease, multi-omic analyses of synucleinopathies and others. The Neurobiobank Munich is the largest brain bank in Germany. SyNergy – the "Munich Cluster for Systems Neurology" promotes integrative research into a broad range of neurological diseases across the traditional boundaries of neurodegenerative, inflammatory and vascular diseases, with the aim to improve pathomechanistic understanding and eventually therapeutic options.
- Recent MD or MD/PhD degree in neuroscience, neuroanatomy, genome sciences or equivalent.
- Demonstrated expertise in bioinformatics and practical knowledge of molecular biology, specifically familiarity with next-generation sequencing.
- Hands-on experience in neuropathology, fluorescence and confocal microscopy and image data processing are a plus.
- Fluency in English is the minimum prerequisite. The ideal candidate has experience and a publication record in the fields of neuroscience, molecular biology and bioinformatics.
- While this position is not limited to German speakers, board certification in neuropathology can only be achieved with at least a C1 knowledge level of the German language.
- Desired: Expertise in neuroanatomy, neuropathology or genome sciences; familiarity with bioinformatic tools for analysis of RNA-Seq, Proteomics or other OMICs data.