Postdoctoral Research Associate
Posted 04 Jan 2023
Texas A&M University Health Science Center
The postdoctoral research associate will be responsible for performing the fluid percussion traumatic brain injury model including anesthesia and post-operative monitoring. The postdoctoral research associate will also be responsible for performing behavioral testing, including monitoring the weight and overall health of the subjects. The postdoctoral research associate will also be responsible for tissue harvest, including isolation of splenocytes, liver, lymphatics, and brains. The postdoctoral research associate will be responsible for sending peripheral samples to our collaborator, and for the in-house preparation and analysis of brain tissue, including multiplex analysis and immunohistochemical analysis.
Appropriate doctoral degree.
Required Special Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Ability to multi-task and work cooperatively with others.
- Experience with diverse individuals and communities.
- Neuroscience lab experience for which Ph.D. was awarded or equivalent lab experience with M.D.
- Experience in vivo models.
- Experience in data collection, analysis, write-up and grant submissions.
- Experience with molecular biology/neurobiology.
- Experience with models of central nervous system injury.
Preferred Special Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Skills in animal handling, animal surgeries, neuroanatomy, immunohistochemistry.
- Expertise in traumatic brain injury and models of traumatic brain injury.
- Expertise in stereology quantitative neuroanatomical assessments.
- Expertise in molecular analysis of the brain and peripheral organs.