Posted 03 Aug 2018
New York University School of Medicine
New York, New York
The Fossati Lab has one position available for a postdoctoral fellow. This laboratory is part of the Center of Cognitive Neurology, Department of Neurology, as well as of the Department of Psychiatry at the NYU Langone Medical Center/NYU School of Medicine. NYU School of Medicine recently ranked No. 3 in research in US News & World Report.
The Fossati lab has worked on elucidating the role of neurovascular dysfunction and mitochondria-mediated cell death mechanisms in Alzheimer's disease, with an aim to develop therapeutic strategies and biomarkers.
We are interested in candidates with skills in molecular and cell biology and transgenic animal studies in Alzheimer’s disease and related disorders, including treatment, behavior, immunohistochemical and biochemical analysis.
This postdoctoral position is available for a motivated, enthusiastic Ph.D. graduate who has a broad background in the areas described. Specifically, the fellow will investigate the synergistic role of cardiovascular risk factors and amyloidosis on the molecular mechanisms of brain endothelial and neurovascular degeneration.
The effective date of appointment would be September 1, 2018, or later. Non-U.S. citizens are eligible to apply.
- A recent Ph.D. graduate with experience and publications in the field of Alzheimer’s disease and/or other neurodegenerative diseases (i.e., stroke).
- Knowledge of molecular/cell biology, mouse studies, immunohistochemistry, and biochemistry. A good knowledge of general neuroscience and AD is preferred.
- Experience with scientific writing and publication.
- A self-motivated and driven individual who is able to exhibit exceptional research productivity and take responsibility for independent management of the project.
- A detail-oriented researcher who thinks critically to effectively design experiments and solve complex research problems.
- The ability to work in a team, and interact with students who will need instruction.
- A collaborative, hands-on researcher who proactively shares knowledge and expertise with lab members.
- Must provide the names of three individuals who can provide recommendations.