Postdoctoral Fellow - Neuroscience
Posted 24 Sep 2019
Van Andel Institute
Grand Rapids, Michigan
The Chu lab, a member of the Center for Neurodegenerative Science at Van Andel Institute, is seeking an outstanding candidate for a research position, which could be ranked from research technician to postdoctoral fellow depending on the qualification and experience of the candidates.
The project aims to define key cellular and circuit mechanisms that contribute to the progressive dopaminergic neurodegeneration and the onset of PD symptoms. To achieve this goal, the successful candidate is expected to apply multidisciplinary approaches, including anatomical, physiological, and behavioral tools, to study cellular and synaptic activity in key brain regions using mouse models of PD, and to link the molecular and cellular changes to motor dysfunction at the behavior level.
Learn more by visiting https://www.vai.org/careers/.
- A Ph.D. or equivalent degree in neuroscience, neurobiology, physiology, or related field is required for postdoctoral fellow.
- Demonstrated proficiency as evidenced by first-author publication(s) in peer-reviewed journals (postdoctoral fellow position) and interest in acquiring new skills.
- Prior experience with patch clamp recording OR in vivo recording/imaging techniques is required.
- Experience in at least one of the following would is beneficial: rodent stereotaxic surgery, animal models of neurological disorders, rodent behavioral analysis and immunohistochemistry.
- Programing experience (e.g. Matlab, python) would be a plus.