Postdoctoral Fellow - Gut-Brain Axis in Parkinson's Disease
Posted 27 Jan 2020
Van Andel Institute
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Qualified applicants should provide:
- a cover letter outlining research experience and interests
- curriculum vitae, which include information about technical skills and publications
- names and address of three references.
Non-U.S. citizens are eligible to apply.
Visit https://www.vai.org/careers/ to start the application.
Van Andel Research Institute’s Labrie Laboratory, under the direction of Viviane Labrie, has a position available for one postdoctoral fellow.
The Labrie lab studies the combined effect of genetic factors, epigenetic marks and three-dimensional chromatin architecture in Alzheimer’s disease (AD) and Parkinson’s disease (PD). Specifically, it is interested in candidates with a background and interest in epigenetics and neurodegenerative disease.
The postdoctoral fellow will work on the gut-brain axis in Parkinson's disease, building on the work published by the Labrie lab in Science Translational Medicine.
Van Andel Research Institute (VARI) provides postdoctoral training opportunities to scientists beginning their research careers. The fellowships are to help promising scientists advance their knowledge and research experience and at the same time support the research endeavors of VARI under the mentorship of a VARI faculty member.
While this project is currently funded, an integral part of postdoctoral training is the process of preparing a research proposal and writing a fellowship application. All VARI postdoctoral fellows are encouraged to apply for external funding as soon as it is practical and reasonable after hire.
Receiving a fellowship award provides recognition for both the fellow and VARI.
Postdoctoral fellows at VARI are full-time employees and receive an annual salary. Salary is based on doctorate/M.D. receipt date according to a set stipend schedule, which begins at $50,500 up to a maximum of $56,000.
- Medical, dental. and vision coverage
- Employer-sponsored life and AD&D insurance
- Additional voluntary life and AD&D insurance for employees and dependents
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Flexible-spending accounts for health and child/elder care
- 401K retirement savings plans with employee/employer contributions
- Paid vacation, holidays, personal days
- Relocation assistance