Postdoctoral Fellow, Apolipoprotein E
Posted 08 Mar 2021
University of Oslo
Oslo , Norway
Interested candidates must apply electronically at the following web portal: https://www.jobbnorge.no/en/available-jobs/job/201840/postdoctoral-research-fellow-in-alzheimers-disease-pharmacology.
For additional information contact: email@example.com.
A postdoctoral fellow position is available in the laboratory of Lars Nilsson, Department of Pharmacology. In the project, the postdoc will explore Apolipoprotein E biology in Alzheimer’s disease and use that knowledge for drug development purposes. It is a collaborative research project with Swedish biopharma company BioArctic AB. Application deadline: March 19, 2021.
Applicants should have:
- A Ph.D. degree, preferably in pharmacology, neuroscience, biochemistry, molecular biology. or the equivalent.
- Excellent command of written and oral English.
- Experience with cell culturing, and beneficial with experience of neuronal and/or glial primary cell cultures.
- Experience studying protein structure and function with molecular biology, biochemistry and/or microscopic techniques.
- Knowledge and experimental experience studying protein aggregation would be preferable.
- Good theoretical knowledge on the brain and preferably also neurodegenerative disease.
- FELASA C accreditation allowing work with animals is an asset.