Postdoctoral Fellow, Apolipoprotein E
Posted 31 Aug 2020
University of Oslo
Oslo , Norway
Interested candidates must apply electronically at the following web portal http://www.jobbnorge.no/en/available-jobs/job/191819/postdoctoral-research-fellow-in-alzheimers-disease-pharmacology.
For additional information contact: email@example.com
A postdoctoral fellow position is available in the laboratory of Lars Nilsson, Department of Pharmacology. In the project, you will explore Apolipoprotein E (ApoE) biology in Alzheimer’s disease and use that knowledge for drug development purposes. It is a collaborative research project with Swedish biopharma company BioArctic AB.
Applicants should have:
- A Ph.D. degree, preferably in pharmacology, neuroscience, biochemistry, molecular biology or equivalent.
- Excellent command of written and oral English.
- Experience with cell culturing, including neuronal and/or glial primary cell cultures.
- Experience studying protein structure and function with molecular biology, biochemistry, biophysical and/or microscopic techniques.
- Knowledge and experimental experience studying protein aggregation.
- Good theoretical knowledge on the brain and preferably also neurodegenerative disease.
- FELASA C accreditation allowing work with animals is an asset.