Posted 28 Jan 2018
Henry M. Jackson Foundation
Please send a CV and three letters of reference to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A postdoctoral position is available in the Department of Pathology at the Uniformed Services University of Health Sciences to study synaptic dysfunction and neurodegeneration in traumatic brain Injury. Highly motivated individuals with a strong background in neuroscience, cell biology, and microscopy and an interest in neurodegenerative diseases are encouraged to apply.
1. Prepares tissue for immunohistochemistry, electron microscopy and western blot, etc.
2. Collect and handle confocal and electron microscopy imaging data.
3. Keep detailed records of experiments.
4. Analyze and prepare data for presentations at scientific meetings and for publication in journals.
5. To work toward development of independent scientific ideas and postdoctoral-appropriate grants (e.g., K award, R03), with a long-term goal of independent investigator status.
Ph.D. in cell biology or neuroscience.