Ph.D. Student (f/m/d) 100% or Postdoctoral Researcher (f/m/d) 65%
Posted 05 May 2020
German Center for Neurodegenerative Diseases (DZNE)
The Implementation Neuroscience group aims to outline and elucidate the hurdles to implementing the knowledge gains of neuroscientific research into health care practice, and devise research, methods, and actions to overcome them effectively. This program entails elements of clinical and translational research, leveraging on interdisciplinary collaborations.
Ph.D. and postdoc tasks include all steps of scientific production: data collection, management, quality check, analysis, and contribution to interpretation; contribution to project management; literature review; writing scientific papers; active contribution to project design and grant proposal writing; presentation of results to national and international events.
Postdocs are expected to be more independent on data interpretation, project design and management, and writing.
An interesting and challenging task in a research center that works on the future topics of health research.
An international environment characterized by a strong focus on science and research.
A high potential for the individual development of our employees.
Targeted personnel development.
A part-time position (65 percent) postdoctoral researcher, initially temporary limited to two years or a full-time Ph.D. position (three years).
Employment, payment, and social benefits are consistent with those at other research institutes (Ph.D.) or determined by the Public Sector Collective Agreement TVöD Bund (postdoc).
The successful candidate will obtain special skills and knowledge for scientific qualification. The DZNE is an equal opportunity employer. It is committed to employing disabled individuals and especially encourages them to apply.
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) or Ph.D. in experimental psychology, neuropsychology, neuroscience, medicine (other similar fields, e.g. psychobiology, are also eligible).
- Interest in methodological aspects of research.
- Expertise in data analysis with statistical packages and scientific writing.
- Great precision, reliability, and creativity.
- Capability of literature synthesis.
- Strong commitment to research
- Proactive and collaborative attitude with multidisciplinary collaborators
- Proficiency in English