Neuroscience Marketing Manager
Posted 16 Dec 2020
Cell Signaling Technology
CST is seeking a product marketing manager to join its marketing team and have responsibility for our neuroscience product portfolio. The role involves working cross-functionally with strategic marketing, marketing communications, sales, product development, other commercial partners, and manufacturing to develop and execute product strategy and requires someone with a strong history of success in the commercialization of highly scientific products.
- Serve as business leader for specified product portfolio, focusing on driving revenue growth, portfolio expansion and market leadership;
- Lead strategic and tactical planning efforts around key product portfolios in order to make investment recommendations to the leadership team;
- Develop product portfolio roadmap in collaboration with strategic marketing and product development teams;
- In partnership with strategic marketing, develop and implement market research strategy (VOC, primary research, surveys, focus groups) to guide product line planning;
- Develop new insights into the market and recommend appropriate changes and customizations in positioning and key messages as necessary;
- Drive the definition of product requirements and specifications to guide development teams in the creation of product features and benefits;
- Own new product introduction from concept to commercialization;
- Partner with commercial teams to build compelling go-to-market strategies;
- Analyze and monitor market trends and customer needs to identify opportunities for increasing customer and business value through product differentiation;
- Lead education of commercial teams on product and market knowledge;
- Collaborate with sales and scientific educator to increase sales, distributor and customer knowledge and engagement with CST products;
- Build and execute marketing plans and campaigns to support product road map and strategic priorities;
- Develop compelling value propositions, strategic plans and over-arching business drivers for portfolio of products;
- Provide clear direction (via creative brief, planning sessions, etc.) to marketing managers across all facets of message and campaign development;
- Analyze and message business performance, trends and corrective actions, moving insights into actions that will grow the business;
- Own accountability for financial revenue goals for product areas;
- Act as primary contact for interactions with sales teams about product related inquiries. Act as liaison between sales and development teams as needed to ensure clear communication, and
- Monitor and communicate competitive activity and market trends as well as formulating strategic response.
Cell Signaling Technology, Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, status as a veteran or as a member of the military or status in any group protected by applicable federal or state laws.
- B..S in life sciences focus area;
- Three-plus years of experience in product marketing or relevant experience in neuroscience;
- Experience managing a reagent product line;
- Experience working with global sales channels and distributors.
- M.B.A. or Ph.D. in life sciences area;
- Experience with the marketing frameworks;
- Understanding of translational research;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Ability to build strong cross-functional relationships;
- Strong problem-solving skills and willingness to think outside the box;
- Ability to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.