Multiple Postdoctoral Fellows in Neurodegeneration
Posted 13 Feb 2019
Van Andel Research Institute
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Van Andel Research Institute's Center of Neurodegenerative Science focuses on the development of novel treatments that slow or stop the progression of neurodegenerative disease, in particular Parkinson’s disease. The Center’s work revolves around three main goals: disease modification, biomarker discovery, and brain repair. Its labs are actively seeking to add talented Postdoctoral Fellows, as follows:
Patrik Brundin, M.D., Ph.D.
- Postdoctoral Fellow – Pathogens associated with Parkinson’s
- Postdoctoral Fellow – Pathophysiology of Parkinson’ disease in preclinical
- Postdoctoral Fellow - Pathogenetic Mechanisms in Parkinson's disease
Lena Brundin, M.D., Ph.D.
- Computational Biologist – Statistical and epidemiological analysis, focusing on pathogens and their role in Parkinson’s disease.
José Brás, Ph.D., and Rita Guerreiro, Ph.D., Dementia and/or Alzheimer’s disease
- Computational Biologist – Genomic Technologies and computational methods focused on brain and neurodegeneration
- Statistical Geneticist – Statistical methods applied to the genetics of brain and neurodegeneration
Hong-yuan Chu, Ph.D.
- Postdoctoral Fellow – Synaptic, cellular, and circuit adaptions in mouse models of Parkinson’s disease
Viviane Labrie, Ph.D.
- Postdoctoral Fellow – Gut-brain axis in Parkinson’s disease
- Postdoctoral Fellow – Infections as Triggers of Parkinson’s disease
- Bioinformatics Postdoctoral Fellow – Bioinformatics and computational methods in Parkinson’s disease
Jiyan Ma, Ph.D.
- Postdoctoral Fellow – Pathogenic mechanism and therapeutic development of prion and/or Parkinson’s disease.
To view all Postdoc Openings at VARI, visit http://bit.ly/PostdocPositons-VARI
A Ph.D. graduate with strong molecular biology skills.
Experience in neuroscience research.
Must have a publication history and strong scientific writing skills.