Lab Technician for Histology
Posted 19 Jul 2018
St. Anne's University Hospital
Brno , Czech Republic
Send CV and motivation letter (with any additional required documents) to email@example.com until August 15, 2018, at the latest.
- Work with samples which will be of animal and human origin.
- Embed, prepare, and analyze biological tissue samples.
- Tissue cutting.
- Do histochemical stainings, immunihistochemistry.
- Do imaging and basic image analysis.
- Work with the equipment for all the procedures which is already available in the laboratory. It includes Leica CM1950 Cryostat, Leica RM2255 Fully Automated Rotary Microtome, and Digital Slide scanner.
- Place laboratory orders.
The position offers:
- Participation in an international medical research with a team of scientists in the fields of heart and brain research.
- Professional support for grant applications.
- Close cooperation with wide range of stake-holders from top researchers and clinicians to opinion leaders in pharmaceutical/biotechnological industry and medical device producers.
- A position where you will contribute to addressing the major health issues of today.
- Opportunity to make an impact in a young and dynamic organization.
- Competitive salary.
- Five weeks of vacation.
St. Anne's is pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, ethnicity, disability, national origin, nationality, political opinion or any other aspect unrelated to work.
By responding to this invitation and/or sending your CV and any other personal materials to St. Anne's University Hospital, you consent to the collection, processing and storage of your personal data in accordance with Act No. 101/2000 Coll., the protection of personal data. You are providing St. Anne's University Hospital with these data solely for the purpose of mediating employment, the period however being no longer than one year from submitting. Should you not reclaim the materials submitted by you, they will be discarded after the period has expired.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree from a technical college or finished lab assistant apprenticeship.
- Good in English (international lab).
- Experience in paraffin and/or cryo cutting.
- Experience in handling chemicals.
- Good skills in lab math and preparation of solution and dilutions.
- Experience with accomplishment of immuno-histochemical protocols.
- Basic knowledge of microscopy.
- Must be a team player.