Fellowship for Postdoctoral Researcher in Translational Medicine
Posted 18 Jun 2018
St. Anne's University Hospital
Brno-střed, Czech Republic
Applicants are invited to send personal application documents in English to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application documents should cover: CV including the list of publications, cover letter describing motivation and previous research experience and a research proposal of individual research interests matching with a research areas of FNUSA-ICRC teams (to see the list of teams and further information please visit http://www.fnusa-icrc.org/en/research.html).
Application deadline is 15 July 2018.
St. Anne's University is seeking a motivated postdoctoral fellow to join the International Clinical Research Center for a seven-month fellowship beginning in September 2018. Fellowships are free of charge for the participants, who receive a competitive monthly salary based on a regular employment contract.
Applicants are encouraged to prepare a one-page research proposal of their individual research interest matching with one of the research areas of FNUSA-ICRC Translational Medicine teams (to see the list of teams and further information please visit http://www.fnusa-icrc.org/en/research.html). The research proposal should include the applicant´s background, hypothesis, specific aims, experimental design and expected results. The best research proposals will be selected by an International Board of recognized researchers in June and July 2018.
The Fellows will:
- Carry out research under tutorship of a mentor (relative independency in performed research)
- Participate in regular internal presentations of performed research
- Coordinate research with other researchers within the research group
- Prepare research presentations and publications
- Actively participate in one conference / seminar / workshop
- Engage in research grants in the field of performed research
The position offers:
- Work in an international multidisciplinary team of talented people.
- A competitive salary.
- Opportunities for further education and training, mentoring.
- Possibility to extend the contract after a successful valuation of performance and results.
The applications will be evaluated by an International Board of recognized researchers.
St. Anne's considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, ethnicity, disability, national origin, nationality, political opinion or any other aspect unrelated to work.
By responding to this invitation and/or sending a CV and any other personal materials to St. Anne's University Hospital, applicants consent to the collection, processing and storage of your personal data in accordance with Act No. 101/2000 Coll., the protection of personal data. Applicants provide St. Anne's University Hospital with these data solely for the purpose of mediating employment, the period however being no longer than one year from submitting. Should applicants not reclaim the submitted materials, they will be discarded after the period has expired.
- To be a researcher from outside of the Czech Republic who has been working for the last three years, at least two of them in an organizations outside the Czech Republic in the field of research, for a minimum of 0,5 FTE (reference date is 30 September 2017). Citizens of the Czech Republic are not excluded.
- Ph.D. degree obtained in 2010 and later in one of the following: cardiovascular and neurological diseases, oncology research, and other fields relevant for translational medicine.
- Minimum of two publications as the first author over the last three years.
- Excellent command of English.
- General knowledge of research industry and experience with grant writing is a plus.
- Solid communication, organizational and negotiation skills.
- Problem-solving and analytical skills combined with a pro-active attitude to finding and interpreting result.