Posted 20 Aug 2018
Please send a brief letter of motivation and your detailed CV as one pdf (<2MB) to email@example.com.
The successful applicant will work at the Pitié-Salpêtrière University-Hospital site under the supervision of Prof. Harald Hampel, holder of AXA Research Fund & Sorbonne University Chair.
The AXA Research Fund & Sorbonne University Chair conceptualized that substantial advancements in detecting, treating, and preventing Alzheimer’s disease (AD) will evolve from the generation and systematic implementation of a Precision Medicine (PM) strategy. The successful applicant will collaborate on several projects and cohorts around AD, as the sole statistician of a six-member research group, but will also interact with other statisticians at the Pitié-Salpêtrière University-hospital.
- Analyzing data and assisting in the interpretation of the results.
- Performing sample size and power calculations.
- Making recommendations to the team members for the appropriate design of statistical analyses.
- Performing analyses of “big and deep data,” including omic(s) data, and genetic epidemiology data.
- Writing program codes to analyze data via statistical analysis software.
- Responsible for suitability, accuracy, and timeliness of statistical inputs into reports and projects.
- Interacting with other team research scientists, external statisticians, and data managers in the analyses of the results, interpretation of biostatistical findings, and collection of the information for formulating advanced statistical programs.
The position is supported for three years. However, candidates will be appointed for one year, with an extension possible based on progress.
Salary: between €2,183 gross / month and €2,443 gross / month.
Master’s degree or Ph.D. in statistics, biostatistics, or related areas (e.g., bioinformatics).
Expertise in statistical software such as R, Python, Matlab, and working knowledge of data management softwares such as Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access Expertise in basic and advanced statistical analyses (such as Bayesian statistics).
High proficient level of English (both in oral communications and in writing) is mandatory.
A minimum of two years (for master’s degree education level) of demonstrated experience in statistical analyses and in summarizing findings.