Associate Research Scientist/MODEL-AD Center Manager
Posted 08 Feb 2018
The Jackson Lab
Bar Harbor, Maine
The Model Organism Development and Evaluation for Late-Onset Alzheimer’s Disease (MODEL-AD) project seeks a center manager.
MODEL-AD aims to create the next generation of mouse models for AD and develop new therapeutic targets. The center manager is an integral team member in this multiproject, multi-institutional grant. The successful candidate will devote effort to managing the laboratory staff; overseeing mouse colony management, data production, and analyses; and presenting research updates at internal and external meetings. Administrative responsibilities include serving as liaison between investigators at JAX, Indiana University (IU), and University of California-Irvine (UCI), communications between JAX MODEL-AD project leaders, and managing documentation for data use and lab and animal protocols. The successful candidate will be able to apply for grants to develop his or her own research interests that leverage the resources being developed within MODEL-AD.
For details please click here.
- Ph.D. in biology and/or genetics.
- Postdoctoral experience in use of mouse models for human disease research.
- Strong publication record.
- Willingness to work in a team-oriented research environment, contributing to multiple projects led by several individuals.
- Experience as a mentor to entry-level team members.