Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor in Parkinson's disease
Posted 15 Oct 2019
Van Andel Institute
Grand Rapids, Michigan
To apply, for a faculty opening, please submit the following:
- cover letter highlighting key qualifications
- current curriculum vitae with complete bibliography
- names and contact information of three references
- a 2-3 page research statement and a list of three publications that best epitomize your relevant skills related to this opening
Apply directly at http://bit.ly/VAI-ParkinsonsFaculty
Please direct questions about these Faculty open positions to Eric Miller, B.S., Talent Acquisition Manager at email@example.com.
VAI is currently inviting applications for faculty positions at the level of assistant professor within its Center for Neurodegenerative Science to focus on Parkinson’s disease. Applications may also be considered from highly accomplished scientists at the level of Associate or Full Professor.
The successful applicant is expected to complement the strengths and expertise of existing faculty. Research areas of particular interest in Parkinson’s disease include, but are not limited to, the role of: neuroinflammation and the immune system, autophagy/lysosomal biology, vesicular sorting pathways, mitochondrial biology and bioenergetics, proteostasis, and synaptic function.
Applicants employing novel technologies and/or disease models are especially encouraged.
The assistant professor will be expected to develop an ambitious, innovative, extramurally funded and independent research program. Applicants for associate or full professor are expected to be recognized leaders of international standing, with mature research programs, and possess active NIH grant funding.
Faculty at VAI receive a highly competitive research support package including:
- generous start-up funding
- 100 percent internal support for faculty salary and benefits
- supplemental laboratory funding
- dedicated administrative support
Faculty within VAI also are supported by its core technologies and services.
VAI’s cores enhance the Institute’s mission by advancing research through expertise in specialized, shared equipment, technology, data interpretation, communication and training. Core services includec;
- Bioinformatics and Biostatistics
- Optical Imaging
- Flow Cytometry
- Pathology and Biorepository
- Vivarium and Transgenics
Application reviews will begin immediately, and will continue until the positions are filled.
VAI is actively striving to diversify its workforce and strongly encourages qualified individuals from underrepresented groups to apply.
Individuals will be evaluated upon the following criteria:
- A relevant Ph.D. and/or M.D. degree.
- Postdoctoral training.
- Exceptional publication record in peer-reviewed journals.
- A strong record of research accomplishments.
- A well-developed research plan.