Posted 12 Apr 2017
Kelly Dakin, firstname.lastname@example.org
Alzforum is an open-access news and information website dedicated to accelerating discovery in Alzheimer’s disease and related disorders. We report on the latest scientific findings, promote discussion among scientists, and provide tools and resources for the research community. Alzforum aims to be the leading and most trusted source of information for neurodegenerative disease researchers. Alzforum was founded in 1996 and is based in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
The database curator is responsible for the ongoing curation of scientific databases and directories that serve the neurodegeneration research community. The databases reflect the breadth of AD research and include information on research models, mutations, biomarkers, therapeutics, and other aspects of research on AD and related disorders. The database curator collaborates with the scientific content manager and other Alzforum staff members to ensure that information is accurate, up to date, and consistent across the website.
- Review and assess the scientific literature on AD and related neurodegenerative diseases to identify relevant data for Alzforum databases and directories
- Create and update database entries, succinctly summarizing research findings
- Communicate with scientists, companies, and vendors as necessary to solicit and clarify information
- Collaborate and advise on the ongoing maintenance and design of the databases
- Experience with bench research in an academic or industry laboratory
- Domain knowledge of neurodegenerative disease research
- The ability to work well with a team and independently with accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to distill complex scientific information into clear, succinct prose
- Outstanding organizational skills with proven ability to set and meet deadlines
- Familiarity with Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator preferred
- Ph.D. in biological or medical sciences