Biostatistician in Brain and Muscle Aging Research
Posted 22 May 2014
Nestlé Institute of Health Sciences (NIHS)
Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Lausanne , Switzerland
This position is for a biostatistician to develop and apply statistical methods to the design and analysis of studies to develop nutritional approaches to prevent disease and facilitate healthy aging. The biostatician will work in the Aging and Cognitive Health group.
- Develop and apply statistical methods to the design and analysis of studies in biomedical research involving cell cultures, rodents and humans;
- Bring biostatistical design and analysis expertise to assist basic and applied researchers in aging studies focused on brain and muscle health;
- Provide outstanding scholarship, creativity and leadership in statistics in order to fulfill the goals of the Aging and Cognitive Health group and the overall mission of the Nestle Institute of Health Sciences;
- Advance knowledge in biostatistics through a combination of one-on-one interaction and educational programs for colleagues in Aging and Cognitive sciences.
We offer an international and innovative working environment and foster an academic, interdisciplinary research culture expecting publication in high-impact journals, supporting joint university appointments of qualified candidates and participation in graduate and postdoctoral programs. Please find more information at http://www.nestleinstitutehealthsciences.com/.
Education and experience
- PhD in biostatistics or similar field;
- Experience in longitudinal and high-dimensional measures;
- Knowledge of genetics, proteins, metabolites, nutrients, behavioral and/or imaging measures are assets;
- Experience designing, executing, and interpreting statistical analyses;
- Experience working in a multicultural environment, as well as excellent oral and written communication skills;
- A history of successful collaborations and full capacity to serve the group as a resource in statistics;
- Fluency in English. French is an asset.
Show us that you understand the business environment, are able to practice what you preach, are result-focused, know yourself, have a proactive cooperation, take initiative, and apply online at www.nestle.com/jobs.