Methods: IH, WB
Source: Chemicon and Upstate are Millipore
Cat# MAB3420 (was Roche 1289977)
Formulation: purified Ig, phosphate buffered, lyophilized
Reacts in: Bovine, Human, Rat
immunogen = purified denaturated bovine MAPs (epitope at or near a phosphorylated site)
binds to all known electrophoretic species of tau in human, rat and bovine brain (one-dimensional SDS-PAGE); there is some unphosphorylated bias with clone PC1C6 as it seem to recognize only dephosphorylated serine sites at 195, 198, 199, and 202
- Ittner LM, Ke YD, Delerue F, Bi M, Gladbach A, van Eersel J, Wölfing H, Chieng BC, Christie MJ, Napier IA, Eckert A, Staufenbiel M, Hardeman E, Götz J. Dendritic function of tau mediates amyloid-beta toxicity in Alzheimer's disease mouse models. Cell. 2010 Aug 6;142(3):387-97. PubMed.
- Zhang YW, Liu S, Zhang X, Li WB, Chen Y, Huang X, Sun L, Luo W, Netzer WJ, Threadgill R, Wiegand G, Wang R, Cohen SN, Greengard P, Liao FF, Li L, Xu H. A functional mouse retroposed gene Rps23r1 reduces Alzheimer's beta-amyloid levels and tau phosphorylation. Neuron. 2009 Nov 12;64(3):328-40. PubMed.
- Planel E, Krishnamurthy P, Miyasaka T, Liu L, Herman M, Kumar A, Bretteville A, Figueroa HY, Yu WH, Whittington RA, Davies P, Takashima A, Nixon RA, Duff KE. Anesthesia-induced hyperphosphorylation detaches 3-repeat tau from microtubules without affecting their stability in vivo. J Neurosci. 2008 Nov 26;28(48):12798-807. PubMed.
- Watkins TA, Emery B, Mulinyawe S, Barres BA. Distinct stages of myelination regulated by gamma-secretase and astrocytes in a rapidly myelinating CNS coculture system. Neuron. 2008 Nov 26;60(4):555-69. PubMed.
- Yuzwa SA, Macauley MS, Heinonen JE, Shan X, Dennis RJ, He Y, Whitworth GE, Stubbs KA, McEachern EJ, Davies GJ, Vocadlo DJ. A potent mechanism-inspired O-GlcNAcase inhibitor that blocks phosphorylation of tau in vivo. Nat Chem Biol. 2008 Aug;4(8):483-90. PubMed.
- Tatebayashi Y, Miyasaka T, Chui DH, Akagi T, Mishima K, Iwasaki K, Fujiwara M, Tanemura K, Murayama M, Ishiguro K, Planel E, Sato S, Hashikawa T, Takashima A. Tau filament formation and associative memory deficit in aged mice expressing mutant (R406W) human tau. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002 Oct 15;99(21):13896-901. PubMed.
No Available Further Reading